The back page of each Vanity Fair issue is dedicated to the Proust Questionnaire, which has been answered by some rather interesting subjects... or as they say in Vanity Fair "Noteworthy". Well I believe I am a noteworthy person and therefore I am revealing to you my innermost workings through my thought-provoking answers. Marcel Proust, who was a french essayist and novelist- quel souprise!- believed answers to the following questions reveal the true nature of the subject. So if Proust was all in then so am I... prepare to meet the real me.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? satisfaction and contentment regardless of life's situation
2. What is your greatest fear? Screwing it all up in the blink of an eye
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Feeling guilty about things I have no control over, like the fact that I can go into the grocery store and buy food off the shelves. At times I get so worked up I just leave. Seriously.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? A lack of empathy
5. Which living person do you most admire? my family, my teachers, my friends
6. What is your greatest extravagance? Drinking coffee in bed during the day
7. What is your current state of mind? In flux
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Abstinence
9. On what occasion do you lie? When the bigger Truth isn't being served
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? my bum, or rather the spot where the hamstring inserts into the gluteus maximus.
11. Which living person do you most despise? I haven't met that person yet.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? generosity in matters of the heart & humour
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? openness, humour,
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Soooooo. & shit
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Who- Hubby, What- Yoga
16. When and where were you happiest? San Sebastien, a little hole in the wall cafe on a hill, a bottle of wine, olives and hubby-to-be.
17. Which talent would you most like to have? the ability to ease people's consciences
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? having more patience
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? I don't think I've gotten there yet
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? A yogi/Ninja
21. Where would you most like to live? the world
22. What is your most treasured possession? my grandpa's family ring and the book "the Prophet" from my mom
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? losing total faith in oneself
24. What is your favorite occupation? professional cuddler
25. What is your most marked characteristic? I'm still figuring that one out.
26. What do you most value in your friends? laughter, honesty, sincerity
27. Who are your favorite writers? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... I can't choose
28. Who is your hero of fiction? All the characters of "Love Actually'
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Sri. K Pattabhi Jois, Gandhi
30. Who are your heroes in real life? My family, my teachers, my friends
31. What are your favorite names? Isla, Elle, Jacob, Rex,
32. What is it that you most dislike? ignorance, poverty, mean-spirited remarks, injustice
33. What is your greatest regret? dishonouring a friendship
34. How would you like to die? like the crazy yogis who just decide it's time and poof they're gone
35. What is your motto? effort and faith. Pattabhi Jois says yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory, but I like to apply that to life.